Making money passively with YouTube
Making money passively with YouTube is a great way to make money without doing a lot of work. There are a number of ways you can passively monetize YouTube, including:
- Ads: The most common way to make money on YouTube is by showing ads during your videos. You can set this up through the YouTube Partner Program.
- Sponsorship: Another way to make money is by partnering with companies that are interested in your channel. They can pay you to promote their product or service in one of your videos.
- Affiliate Marketing: If you promote products in your videos, you can earn money through affiliate marketing. You will receive a commission for every sale that takes place through your unique link.
- Selling your own products or services: you can also sell your own products or services through your YouTube channel such as e-books and webinars, etc.
- The most important thing to make money with YouTube is to build a large following. This can take time and effort, but if you are consistent in making great videos and uploading regularly, you will eventually reach your target audience.
It's important to remember that generating passive income with YouTube doesn't mean you don't have to do any work. You still need to be consistent in your video creation and build your following base. But once built up, you can make money. In practice, however, it appears that only the top of the YouTubers earn enough money to survive on YouTube's income.
It is therefore interesting for the majority of content creators to start their own video platform. There are a number of important advantages to having your own video platform, such as:
- Full control: By having your own video platform, you have full control over the content and the way the videos are displayed. You can present your videos in a way that suits your brand or company and tailor the user experience to your target audience. Also, the users are not bothered by annoying ads while watching the videos. Furthermore, users stay on your video platform and do not click away to another video channel, as is the case with YouTube.
- Own brand identity: Having your own video platform allows you to create your own brand identity for your videos. You can use your own logo and design, providing a unique user experience that suits your business.
- Direct involvement of the viewer: Your own video platform gives you the opportunity to create direct involvement with your viewers. For example, you can integrate options for interaction such as comments, chat and even homemade videos.
- Revenue model: You can apply various powerful revenue models such as subscriptions, pay-per-view, rentals, credits, vouchers, gift cards, upsells, etc. You are not dependent on a third party.
- Security: Proprietary video platform also gives you the option to better secure your content. For example, you can implement advanced security measures, such as user identification or IP restrictions, to limit access to your videos. You can also protect your videos by applying DRM (digital rights management).
- Data collection: Your own video platform also gives you more insight into how your viewers interact with your content, so you can analyze that and use it for further growth or improvements.
Keep in mind that building and maintaining a video platform can take some time, effort and expense. It is therefore a good idea to consider working with existing video platform software, such as AudiencePlayer.
Knowing more? Feel free to contact us.