The Vimeo OTT pricing model is not completely clear represented on their website. It’s difficult to understand what they exactly offer and against what prices. Often we get questions from people about the Vimeo OTT pricing model and how this can be compared with AudiencePlayer. To give a broader perspective on this, we have collected the most important differences.
Keep in mind that when you are looking for a simple video hosting features but don’t require API access, advanced analytics, or monetization tools, you should be happy with the basic Vimeo hosting solution. But Vimeo takes a high-end premium approach to their Vimeo OTT service. This results in quality but expensive products.
Vimeo OTT pricing explained
When you look at the different plans they offer it looks like you can already start easily from 1 dollar. However it’s not so cheap as it looks. Below you find the most import remarks and fees:
- Full API access starts at $1,000+ per month
- Full monetization tools aren’t included until the same pricing level
- For each subscriber: $1 per subscriber per month + merchant fees of 2.5% + $0.30 per transaction
- Vimeo collects all money and pay you after 30 days
- For each pay-per-view (TVOD) transaction: 10% + $0.50 per transaction
- Per extra app delivery to mobile and smart TV platforms $500,- per month (billed annually)
- $1 per promo code (coupon) after 100 codes per month (Vouchers are not available)
- After surpassing 1 hour of video uploading, Vimeo charges users $99 for each 10-hour set of additional uploads
AudiencePlayer pricing explained
AudiencePlayer is built for users with limited budget and want to start an online video platform.
- One time set up fee: €2.495,- (account plus responsive website)
- Full monetization tools are included at the same pricing level
- For each transaction: €0,25
- Licence fee starts at €250,- per month (billed annually)
- Including basic SLA, upload videos for 2 hours, 50 GB of streaming and 25 GB storage
- If you use data outside your bundle, you only pay an amount per extra GB or minute
- Expanding to native mobile apps: €250,- per month (Android & Apple)
- Expanding to smart TV apps: €250,- per month (Samsung Tizen, LG & TP Vision)
- Digital rights management is included
- Creating vouchers and promotional codes are included
- Links to CRM platforms are included (MailChimp & ActiveCampaign)
- Links to Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager are included
When you do the math for different scenarios Vimeo can be an interesting choice for an enterprise with extensive budgets. But when you have limited budget you may want to consider an other video streaming solution, like AudiencePlayer.
We offer some very compelling advantages. Feel free to contact us if you have any more questions or would like to know more about our pricing model.