The Vimeo OTT pricing model is not completely clear represented on their website. It’s difficult to understand what they exactly offer and against what prices. Often we get questions from people about the Vimeo OTT pricing model and how this can be compared with AudiencePlayer. To give a broader perspective on this, we have collected the most important differences.
Vimeo OTT pricing explained
When you look at the different plans they offer it looks like you can already start easily from 1 dollar. However it’s not so cheap as it looks. Below you find the most import remarks and fees:
- Full API access starts at $1,000+ per month
- Full monetization tools aren’t included until the same pricing level
- For each subscriber: $1 per subscriber per month + merchant fees of 2.5% + $0.30 per transaction
- Vimeo collects all money and pay you after 30 days
- For each pay-per-view (TVOD) transaction: 10% + $0.50 per transaction
- Per extra app delivery to mobile and smart TV platforms $500,- per month (billed annually)
- $1 per promo code (coupon) after 100 codes per month (Vouchers are not available)
- After surpassing 1 hour of video uploading, Vimeo charges users $99 for each 10-hour set of additional uploads
AudiencePlayer pricing explained
AudiencePlayer is built for users with limited budget and want to start an online video platform.
- One time set up fee for the content management system and website: € 0,-
- 14 days free trial period
- All payment models (subscriptions, pay-per-view, EST, rentals and credits) are included
- For each transaction: € 0.25 (this can differ per payment provider)
- License costs start at € 100 per month (billed monthly, 33% discount if billed annually)
- If you use data outside of your bundle, you only pay an amount per extra GB or minute (check our rates)
- Including video encryption (DRM)
- Platform connections with CRM platforms are included (MailChimp & ActiveCampaign)
- Platform integrations with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio are included
- There are no costs for creating vouchers and promotional codes
- Expanding to native mobile apps: €250,- per month (Android & Apple)
- Expanding to smart TV apps: €250,- per month (Samsung Tizen, LG & TP Vision)
- Expanding to Google Chromecast; €59,- per month
- All revenue is for the user
Vimeo takes a high-end premium approach to their Vimeo OTT service. This results in an expensive OTT solution. If you’re on a tight budget, you might want to consider a video streaming solution like AudiencePlayer.
We offer some very compelling advantages. Feel free to contact us if you have any more questions or would like to know more about our pricing model.